Archive Paintings for Sale

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Some new Sketches from around Portland


 With the nice weather here in the Pacific Northwest I have been doing a lot sketching outdoors and not much studio painting. Here are some of my recent sketches from around Portland, all these sketches were done in my Stillman and Birns Alpha sketchbook with a Lamy Safari fountain pen and Graham watercolors. 


NE 15th Bed and Breakfast
sketched while drinking coffee at Peets with my son Caleb, he was busy sketching some pretty awesome cats. 

Clock Tower Downtown Portland
this was a lunch break sketch, I don't know the name of this building but I believe its the home of  Water leaf architects.


 Jake's Crawfish
this is a pretty well know restaurant in downtown Portland not far from my Office I have not eaten there but I hear its good, yes that's a Canadian flag not sure what that's about.


Golden West Hotel
This building a block from my office in the Pearl District  was built by Black entrepreneur W.D. Allen in 1906 its a historic landmark for the African American community in Portland and home to John's Cafe a place that looks like its straight out of the 70's . I have always liked the copper mansard roof. 





No comments:

Post a Comment